Tag: 20 Things You Might Not Know About Me

Thank you Tika at Fangirl Confessions for tagging me to do this post!

It's a pretty straightforward idea - you get tagged, you answer the questions. So here we go :)






1. How tall are you?

I have no idea. I don't measure my height and I haven't been in a situation in recent years where I would have needed to have it measured haha. Moving on!

2. Do you have a hidden talent?

My writing is probably my hidden talent. I'm so privatised with it that barely any of my friends have gotten the opportunity to read any of the things I've written - they do ask me constantly but I always come up with some excuse not to show them haha. My sister is the only person who has read any of my work even though I have written practically every day of my life since I was in Year 6. 

3. What's your biggest blog related pet peeve?

When people don't proof read their posts. It just makes it annoying to read posts with grammatical and spelling errors. It hinders the flow of the writing and eventually it just deters me from reading that post and any future ones from that writer altogether! 

4. What's your biggest non blog related pet peeve?

Ah, I feel like this answer is going to be somewhat controversial but I'm going to say it anyway. My biggest non blog related peeve is...

Those stupid fashion adverts that come on TV every ten seconds from online fashion websites like Boohoo.com, Missguided.co.uk and Prettylittlething.com. They're so agonisingly painful to watch and I hate them for several reasons. 
  • The music just gives me a headache. They play dance/electronic music and I absolutely hate that kind of music.
  • Nothing that happens in the advert is ever really related to the clothes.
  • They're all the exact same! They showcase only one kind of model. Tall, skinny, light skin and long hair
With so much diversity in the world and so many beautiful women from all different backgrounds, I just find it offensive that these brands only use one kind of people to market their clothes, when a whole range of people actually buy them. 

Just for evidence to support my point, I have to include a couple of pictures.



Boohoo.com models - all look exactly the same with no diversity whatsoever


Marks and Spencer models - diverse, classy and frankly much more eye catching.

I'd much rather take my money to Marks and Spencer thanks! Better quality clothes anyway.



5. What's your favourite song?

I have quite a few because I listen to music every single day, so I'm always discovering new tracks via playlists on Spotify. But a few of my all time favourites would be:

Coldplay - Yellow
Coldplay - Magic
Tom Odell - I Know           
The Fray - Syndicate
George Ezra - Blame It On Me

I love music so much, I genuinely could not live without it. I could never narrow it down to just a few songs; even with this list there are about 25 more but I'll leave it there for now!


6. What's your favourite Etsy shop that isn't yours?

Donna B Jewelry is absolutely great!


7. What's your favourite way to spend your free time when you're alone?

Writing songs with my keyboard or guitar


8. What's your favourite junk food?

A chicken fillet burger with some fries and onion rings is always a good call. Top it off with an oreo milkshake and I'm completely sold!


9. Do you have pets? If so what kind and what are their names?

Yes - I have two cats called Tiggy and Coco. Tiggy is a silver tabby and Coco is black and white


10. What are your favourite fiction and non-fiction books?

My favourite fiction books are Oscar Wilde - The Picture of Dorian Gray, J.K. Rowling - Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, Cassandra Clare - City of Bones, F. Scott Fitzgerald - The Great Gatsby and Becca Fitzpatrick - Hush Hush series. 

My favourite non-fiction book is obviously the dictionary! Where would I be without the dictionary seriously. No point in reading all these brilliant literary classics when you don't have any point of reference to let you know what all the different words mean!

11. What's your favourite beauty product?

Definitely my Clean and Clear Deep Action Exfoliating Scrub. I tend to get spots that leave deep blemishes on my skin so I really like using deep action washes to get rid of them. Although it's slightly pricey, it does work really well and I tend to see effects quite quickly. 

In addition to that, I do love a good primer. At the moment I just use a very simple one from Marks and Spencer, that cost me about £15 I think. It really illuminates my skin and makes it really smooth and soft. It's great for just popping out to meet a friend for lunch or coffee because it's really lightweight, you can barely feel it on your skin and often I find that I don't even need to use foundation on top because it already makes my face look great!

Finally my Sublime de Chanel mascara. It cost me something like £29.50 in Harvey Nichols but who cares? I got a job so that I could treat myself haha. It does a great job of increasing the length of my lashes, it doesn't clump and it adds a subtle amount of volume so that my lashes don't look heavy and too thickly coated. 

12. When were you last embarrassed?

Three days ago actually! I was at an awards evening hosted by my old sixth form and they were calling out names for people to line up. So they said "Tanya" and I stood up and started walking over, but it turned out that they didn't mean me, they meant another Tanya. It was quite awkward and even though it's something small, it did really embarrass me!

13. If you could drink one beverage for the rest of your life, besides water, what would it be?

Just something simple like Ocean Spray: Cranberry & Raspberry. I've always loved that.

14. What's your favourite movie?

Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix

15. What were you in high school: prom queen, nerd, cheerleader, jock, valedictorian, band geek, loner, artist, prep?

I'm not sure that we have many of these kinds of groups in the UK. During secondary school I was just very sociable, opinionated and maybe a tiny little bit of a rebel. But nothing serious!

16. If you could live anywhere in the world, where would you live?

I would like to live in one of those small towns in America. One with a beach, nice quiet houses and a warm sense of community haha. I'm a simple girl!

17. PC or Mac?

PC. Apple products don't interest me.

18. Last romantic gesture from a crush, date, BF/GF?

Ah dear.. When it comes to romance I tend to choose the most romantic guys ever! No I'm totally being sarcastic here. The guys I date actually aren't very romantic at all, which is a shame because I do actually like romantic gestures! But one of the guys I dated a while ago, did actually give me a rose, which I thought was incredibly sweet. I love roses. I think they're beautiful and it had a message on it that only the two of us would actually understand; so it wasn't just your average rose, it was very personal and touching. I was extremely happy with that :)

19. Favourite celebrity? 

Emma Watson is an all time favourite, but I do love Freddie Highmore, Tom Odell, Matty Healy is pretty cool and all my boys in The Fray. I love The Fray so much and I always will. 

20. What blogger do you secretly want to be bestfriends with?

Hahah, I don't secretly want to be any bloggers' bestfriend! I've had the pleasure of getting to know a ton of bloggers over the past couple of months and I'm so grateful. I really like Morrighan, Tika and Evan. I've found that I share a few things in common with each of these girls and they're all great bloggers!


I'm not going to tag too many people this time. I want to hear from Morrighan (her Liebster award responses were really entertaining to read), Evan, Christina and Anne-Marie.